So you’ve got this fancy new smartphone or maybe an iPad 2 with all these advanced filmmaking capabilities and suddenly you realize that filmmaking has never been easier. The Berkshire International Film Festival and the Beacon Cinema are teaming up to capture that sprit to present a different take on the film festival scene as part of the inaugural 10 x 10 on North slated for Feb. 16-26, 2012 in Pittsfield MA. Filmmakers will be given an opportunity to have their short film showcased at the Beacon Cinema over the course of the 10 x10 Festival. For details on how to enter please see The Rules and Guidelines below.
- There is No Entry Fee associated with this festival.
- Films must be shot, but not necessarily edited, on a smartphone, tablet or other mobile communications device. Special consideration will be given to films that are also edited on the original device.
- Films must be submitted for judging on DVD (NTSC format Only, HD format preferred). Please test before sending. Entrants must also submit original digital files on a separate DVD, CD or Flash Drive (QT or AVI formats only). No media will be returned.
- All films must be must be a Berkshire Premier.
- Entry materials submitted will not be returned to the entrant.
- Total film running time must not exceed 10 minutes in length, including front and back credits.
- Film subject matter is limited to Fiction. This includes Action, Comedy, Drama, Experimental, Horror, Fantasy, Mockumentary, Noir, Sci-Fi and Thriller. **Please note animated and documentary films are not accepted at this festival.
- 10 films will be selected for presentation. There are no prizes associated with selection. The glory of participating in this fun event will have to be its own award!
- Submitted films must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music and/or images presented in the submitted short film. By entering the festival, the entrant agrees that The Beacon Cinema and The Berkshire International Film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements committed by your film.
- The Beacon Cinema and The Berkshire International Film Festival reserve the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid. Films containing images that are excessively violent or pornographic in nature will not be considered appropriate for this festival.
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
- By entering this festival, contestants agree to give The Beacon Cinema and The Berkshire International Film Festival the right to screen the submitted film and use it on its Website and Facebook site, as well as the web and social media sites of Cultural Pittsfield, during and after the contest period.
How to Enter:
Deadline for entry is January 30, 2012
- Entry Form – Must be filled out clearly and completely.
- Entry Media – Films must be submitted for judging on DVD (NTSC format Only, HD format preferred). Please test before sending. Entrants must also submit original digital files on a separate DVD, CD or Flash Drive (QT or AVI formats only). No media will be returned.
- Include BOTH the Entry Form and Film Media in a self-addressed envelope. And send to Smartphone Film Festival c/o Berkshire International Film Festival, P.O. Box 237, Great Barrington MA 01230.
- Festival Contact: Lauren Ferrin, email@example.com